1. The Database
Travelcheck manages a database that is encrypted, secured and in compliance with the “Protection of Personal Information” Act. The data you provide when registering for the Website or for services on the Website will be stored in the Travelcheck database.
3. Information about the User
The Website undertakes to require that you only provide information that is essential for the purposes of the uses described above. This information will include, among other things:
- given name, surname,
- home address,
- e-mail address,
- telephone number,
- credit card number other payment details and FICA details.
Without providing this information, the User will not be able to sign up for services that require registration or receive additional services on the Website. Please note that submitting the details when registering for the service constitutes a declaration by the User of knowingly and willingly providing them, and the User must provide full and accurate details. The User does not, of course, have the obligation to leave their details on the Website, but without providing these details, the User will not be able to enjoy the Website’s services.
4. Use of Information
When surfing the Website
- information about the User’s preferences and choices, relating to the Website’s field of business,
- the products and services the User purchases or requests to purchase,
- the information or advertisements the User reads on the sites,
- the pages the User viewed,
- the travel destinations the User is interested in,
- the offers and services that the User contacted with respect to, payment methods, the User’s internet address,
- and more, may be gathered.
By providing your data, and when surfing the Website, the User agrees that the data provided, and which is collected, will be used by Travelcheck for its various needs, all in accordance with the provisions of any applicable law and for the purposes mentioned above.
5. Collection of Information
Cookies are text files created by the User’s browser, and the User’s use of the Website indicates the User’s consent to install them on User’s computer and to use such information. Some Cookies will expire when the User closes the browser, and others will be saved on the User’s computer’s hard drive. The Cookies contain a variety of information such as
- Visited pages of the Website,
- the length of time the User spent on pages,
- where the User entered the websites from,
- sections and information the User wishes to see when enter websites, and more.
The User can avoid receiving Cookies if the User does not want them, by changing the browser settings. Additionally, the User can also delete any Cookies at any time. Please note that deleting Cookies may result in the User’s inability to use some of the services on the Website.
To find information about how to manage Cookies in the most used browsers, visit the following addresses below:
6. Direct Mailing via E-mail
In accordance with POPI, Travelcheck may send its customers advertising on travel-related subjects by means of telephone, e-mail, or text messaging, in accordance with the consent given at the time of booking, and to the contact details which the User provided while booking. The customer has a reserved option to provide notice that he refuses to accept such advertisement.
Subject to the following, Travelcheck will be able to periodically send the User via email, essential information about the products they have purchased as well as marketing and advertising information, whether information it will publish itself, or information it receives for publication from other advertisers. Placing an order on the Website constitutes the User’s express and prior consent to receive such mailing, unless the User notifies us that they are not interested in this. As part of User’s registration on the Website to receiving mail, offers, and competitions, the User will be asked to leave their details and confirm this, and their permission to do so constitutes authorisation for Travelcheck to send the User such content from time to time, and the User may request to cease receiving such information at any time. However, Travelcheck will not disclose the User’s personal information to advertisers except as stated in this Policy and may also pass on statistical information about user activity on the Website.
The User can choose to opt-out of promotional messages by using the “Unsubscribe link sent in those mentioned promotional mailers.
7. Providing Information to Third Parties
The Website serves as a platform for various services in the field of travel which are managed by third parties. Travelcheck will not disclose the User’s personal information and information collected about the User’s activity on the Website to third parties except in the cases detailed below:
- In the event that the User purchases products or services in the framework of a cooperative effort between Travelcheck and a third party. In such cases, the partners or advertisers will be given the information necessary to complete the purchase process or the provision of the services.
- In the event that User participates in third party content activities or in joint activities by Travelcheck and third parties, presented on the Website.
- In the event of a violation of the Website’s terms and conditions of use, performance, or an attempt to perform actions that appear to be contrary to the law, on the Website or through it.
- Subject to the provisions of the law and to the extent that a judicial order is issued instructing Travelcheck to give the User’s details, or information about them, to a third party.
- Transferring the Website’s activity or joining another database.
8. Third Party Services
9. Third Party Advertisements
Some of the ads the User watches when you enter the Website come from third-party servers that manage the ad display system on the Website, which is not managed by Travelcheck. Advertising management requires these companies to place Cookies on the User’s computer and place “Web Beacons” in the advertisements.
The Beacons are tiny graphic files with unique identifiers embedded in web pages that help gather information about viewing and using the website, as well as audience data such as age, gender, and interests, generated from interest-based advertising by Google, or other advertisers using the Google Analytics code. The gathered information does not identify the User, but only seeks to match the advertisements presented to them to topics that interest them.
10. Transfer of personal information abroad
Travelcheck (Pty) Ltd is a registered company in South Africa while some suppliers or third party associated may reside outside South Africa. Therefore, we may be required to transmit or transfer personal information outside South Africa to a foreign country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside South Africa in a foreign country whose laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent as the laws in South Africa. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
11. Information Security
Travelcheck implements state-of-the-art information security systems and procedures. While these systems and procedures reduce the risks of unauthorised penetration, they do not provide absolute security. Therefore, Travelcheck does not guarantee that its services will be completely immune from unauthorised access to information stored therein, but only to the minimum required by law for a registered data base, and the data stored by it.
12. The Right to Review or be Deleted from the Database
POPI grants every person the right to inspect the information stored about him on a database. A person who has reviewed the information relating to him, and found that the information is incorrect, incomplete, unclear, or not up-to-date, or does not wish to have his details included in the database, may contact Travelcheck and ask to amend or delete the information without any payment, in accordance with POPI.
You may change, refute, or delete your information. To do so, you must notify us in writing by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will make the change within two business days of receiving your request.